There’s something about the roasted garlic, bottled Italian dressing (please don’t judge) and lime juice that turns this grilled shrimp into a sublime dish. Call it alchemy. Call it anything you want, just know that it’s absolutely delicious.
For the roasted garlic butter:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the shrimp:
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds peeled tail-on large raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Make the roasted garlic butter: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place oil and garlic in a small baking pan, cover with aluminum foil. Roast garlic in oven until soft and light golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let cool 45 minutes. Remove garlic from oil; place garlic in small bowl. (Reserve garlic oil for another use.) Add butter to bowl with garlic and smash with a fork until smooth. Stir in salt. Let butter mixture stand until ready to use.
- Make the shrimp: While garlic cools, stir together Italian dressing, mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. Grill shrimp until cooked through, 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a large bowl and add roasted garlic butter, tossing until butter is melted and shrimp are coated. Sprinkle with green onions, parsley, and paprika; toss to combine. Transfer to a serving plate.